First, gaining root access has nothing to do with HTC or with the carrier from where you have bought your One VX. Actually this is a complex operation and it is also unofficial. As you can already tell, by applying this tutorial you will void the warranty of your phone. But is this happening? Well, basically because you will make changes into the internal system by removing the factory restrictions, or default setting from the OS. In this way you can gain access and control over the operating system, so that you can customize and optimize the same.
This operation can be applied only if you can use a computer. The one click tool must be downloaded on the PC first and then by connecting your HTC One VX with the same you can start the rooting procedure. On your phone the USB debugging option should be enabled (go to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”) and the battery should be charged (else the handset might get turned off in the middle of the process). Make sure that you are performing the present step by step guide only for the HTC One VX and not for similar devices because you can end up in bricking your Android based smartphone or gadget.
How to easily Root HTC One VX with One-Click method
- The first to start with is the download process.
- You must get the drivers for your phone by using the link from here.
- Then, you must use this link for downloading the one-click root package for your HTC One VX.
- Extract the root file on the Desktop.
- Connect the smartphone with the computer by using the USB cord.
- From the folder that will be displayed run the root.bat / root-linux.sh / root-mac.sh executable file.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- In the end disconnect the USB cable and reboot your phone.
- That’s it.