The “iOS 5 Style ROM for Ace GT-S5830″ has been cooked by a group of developers who call themselves “Angeeks Devs”. The ROM is based on the CyanogenMod 7.2 (Android 2.3.7). It has been modded very minutely to give you a perfect iOS feel on your Android device. It has a very nice user interface. The ROM is fast and smooth and the notification bar looks just awesome!!!
Requirements:If you want to install this ROM to your device you must have a rooted Galaxy Ace S5830 on Android Gingerbread 2.3.X. If you have not rooted your phone, do it now. Read our easy guide to Root Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.
Among the other things you need to do before installing this ROM are:
- Charge your device’s battery to at least 70% level.
- Backup all your contacts, call log, messages and other important data to the external SD Card.
- Turn on the USB Debugging Mode on your device. Go to Settings> Applications>> Development>> USB Debugging On.
Note: Though the procedure given here is tested, flashing a custom ROM on your device might prove fatal for your device. Flash it at your own risk. Droidviews shall not be responsible for any damage done to your device.
How to Install iOS 5 Style ROM on Galaxy Ace S5830:
Just follow the simple steps given below to install this iOS style ROM on your device:
- Copy the ROM file in zip to the main directory of your device’s SD Card by connecting it to the computer via USB cable.
- Now boot your device into CWM Recovery Mode. There are three methods to do this. If you can see a utility called CWM Manager on your device, open it and select “Reboot into ClockWorkMod Recovery”. Another way is to download the ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store and use “Reboot into Recovery” option. You can also boot your device in the Recovery mode by this way: switch off the device, and keep pressed the Home+Power keys simultaneously till the start up screen with “Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830″ logo blinks for two times.
- In the Recovery Mode, use Volume, Home and Power keys to navigate between the options and select them.
- The first thing you should do is to go to “Backup and restore” option and backup your current ROM, so that you might come back to it in case anything goes wrong.
- When you enter the Recovery Mode, go to “wipe data factory reset” option and select “Yes”.
- Then to “wipe cache partition” and confirm by selecting “Yes”.
- Then come back to the main menu and select “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard”. Now browse to the ROM file and select it.
- This will start the installation process and will take a few minutes to complete.
- When it is done, go back to the main menu again and select “reboot system now”.
- It might take a few minutes before your device reboots. Just wait patiently.
How to Install GApps:
- Download Gapps-mdpi-20110501-signed.zip (do not extract) and copy it to the root of your device’s SD Card.
- Boot your device into CWM Recovery mode as described above.
- Select “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard” option and locate the GApps.zip file that you copied in Step 1.
- Confirm your choice by selecting “yes”. It will be installed on your device in a few seconds.
- When it is finished, go back to the main menu and select “reboot system now”. Done!
Change the Device Language from Chinese to English:
- Open device settings
- You will see an icon called “A.I”.
- Tap it and select the first option and choose English.
- Reboot device and done!