As you know, the latest version of the MIUI custom ROM firmware, v5.0 has been released for the HTC One. So, if you want to update your handset with a fast, stable, based on stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS and powerful custom software, then use this tutorial and learn how to flash the MIUI v5 firmware on your HTC One.
The best about MIUI v5.0 is that the ROM is coming with the stock Android 4.2.2 JB experience (looks, user interface and so on) along with stock and extra features (that cannot be found in the default version of the Android platform) meaning that you will be installing your HTC One with a custom update that looks like the default Jelly Bean 4.2.2 OS but performs like a custom ROM that is featuring its own apps and capabilities.
Even though you will flash an official-like ROM on your One, do remember that the MIUI system is actually a custom software and not an stock Android update released by HTC or by Google. So, be careful when applying the same as your phone’s warranty will get void. This is happening because you need to root your smartphone before starting the update operation as a custom ROM can be updated only on unchained systems.
Don’t panic though, as for the future, if you will have to, the warranty can be regained. For achieving the same you will have to un-root the OS and that can be done by: performing a un-root procedure, downgrading to stock Android firmware or by updating with an official release of the Android software. DO note that on rooted devices, the OTA updates can’t be received; so you will have to manually apply the future official updates.
After gaining root access you will have to flash CWM recovery, or any other custom recovery image, on your phone. As you know, a custom ROM can be updated only if you use a custom recovery, so the same is applying when dealing with MIUI v5.0 JB 4.2.2 firmware. Therefore, root and install CWM recovery on your HTC One. After completing these operations, you can start the update process.
But, for avoiding the unpleasant situations and for ensuring that everything will go as planned, first complete the list from below.
- Backup the HTC One data, including text messages, call logs, market apps and contacts list – don’t forget about internet settings and current ROM (via Nandroid backup) too.
- On the computer you will use (you need to have access to a computer or notebook) uninstall the antivirus protection along with any other security programs. Do the same for your device too.
- On your phone go to “Settings -> More -> Development Options -> USB debugging” and check / enable the USB debugging box.
- Take the charger in plug it in if your handset is having less than 60% power left.
- Remember to root and install a custom recovery on your HTC One or else you will not be able to flash the MIUI v5.0 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM.
Good job; you are now ready for the proper update operation. It is important to know though that this tutorial was designed to work only for the HTC One smartphone – don’t use the next steps if you own a different device. Also, we have to thanks’ the MIUI team for providing the ROM for us.
How to Update HTC One with MIUI v5 JB 4.2.2 Custom ROM Firmware
- On your computer or notebook save the MIUI custom ROM file – use the link from here for downloading the update package.
- Save the ROM on desktop, as you will have to use the same in a minute.
- Take the phone’s USB cable and plug it in for connection the smartphone with the PC.
- Now, take the downloaded file and place it on your handset.
- Disconnect the devices and turn off your HTC One.
- You now need to enter the One in recovery mode.
- For that first reboot by pressing Power, Volume Up and Ok buttons.
- The bootloader mode will be displayed; from there select “recovery” and enter the same.
- From recovery wipe the system: “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- First, return to recovery menu.
- And then select “install zip from SD card”; next select “choose zip from SD card”.
- Select or pick the MIUI custom ROM file.
- Flash the firmware on your device.
- Select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- If your handset will get stuck in a boot loop, re-wipe the system once more, or follow thisdedicated tutorial which will show you how to resolve the most common Android issues.
Congratulations, you have completed the step by step guide. Now, your HTC One should be powered by the MIUI v5.0 custom ROM firmware. Remember that this software is based on stock Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS and comes with stock looks along with extra features and capabilities. The system should be stable and without bugs, but test the same and share your impressions with us by using the comments field from below.
Source : http://www.android.gs