The Play Store is just one such app but you can now have all Google apps in blacked out and transparent style on your phone. The apps have been modded by XDA senior member B-boy™ who has been inverting Google Apps for more than two years. We appreciate this guy for his constant importunity to keep all inverted Google Apps to the latest version. The apps look so beautiful with black background that it might make anyone wonder why Google does not officially make its apps dark.
To be able to face the dark beauty of blacked out Google apps on your Android, you must have a rooted device with a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed on it. While some of these apps can be installed as normal Apk files, there are others that require to be flashed via ClockworkMod Recovery.
To flash the apps via CWM recovery, use the following steps:
- Download the zip file and copy it to your phone’s SD Card.
- Turn off the device and boot it into ClockworkMod recovery mode.
- Do not forget to backup your current ROM, using “backup and restore” option, before flashing anything on your phone.
- Go to “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard” and select the file you want to install.
- When the installation is done, go to “advanced” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- Finally reboot device using “reboot system now” option.