Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.
Do you want Siri, but not the iPhone 4S? If so, there’s a simple port that brings Siri to the iPhone 4 – it’s called Spire. Spire was developed by Chpwn and until now, you had to have access to a Spire server in order for Siri to work properly.
Thanks to AssistantConnect and Spire, users with (daily) access to an iPhone 4S will be able to use Siri on their iPhone 4 without have to go through a Spire server.
Follow the steps listed below to have Siri up and running on your iPhone 4 in no time:
- 1. Jailbreak both the iPhone 4S and the iPhone 4 using these simple tutorials:
Untethered iPhone 4S and iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak
Untethered iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4, 3 and iPad iOS 5.0.1 Jailbreak
- 2. Open Cydia on the iPhone 4S, install “AssistantConnect4S” from the BigBoss repository and respring when prompted
- 3. Launch “AssistantConnect4S” and immediately reboot your iPhone 4S
- 4. Once the iPhone 4S is back up, launch “AssistantConnect4S”, activate Siri, ask Siri anything so that it responds
- 5. Press the home button, tap “Email Siri Data”, enter in an email address that can be accessed on the iPhone 4 and send the email
- 6. Open Cydia on the iPhone 4, install “Spire”, “AssistantConnect” and “SBSettings” (reboot and respring when necessary)
- 7. On the iPhone 4, go to General -> Siri and enable Siri inside of the Settings app
- 8. Activate SBSettings on the iPhone 4, tap “More”, go to “Mobile Substrate Addons”, toggle off “SpireHooks” and “SpireInjector” and press the home button to respring and apply the changes
- 9. Locate the email with the “AssistantConnect4S” attachment on the iPhone 4 and open it with “AssistantConnect”
- 10. Tap “Dismiss” when prompted, press the home button and respring
NOTE: In order to use Siri on the iPhone 4 for any extended period of time, you’ll need to generate a new “AssistantConnect4S” file daily (simply follow steps 4, 5, 9 and 10)