CM 10.1 is one of the most popular Jelly Bean custom ROMs and, now, an XDA member and developer managed to create a working build for the HTC One device. Also, this CM 10.1 is based on AOSP Android Jelly Bean and you will be able to enjoy one of the purest operating systems out there. Not bloatware apps / functions are included in this release.
- Use this tutorial only for the HTC One factory unlocked smartphone. Don’t try to flash the files you find here on any other Android device.
- your phone has to on an unlocked bootloader and rooted.
- Enable USB debugging option from the Android Developer Options.
- Make sure that you have a NANDROID backup of your current ROM. You can use the CWM or TWRP Recovery mode to create one.
- Make sure that your computer has all the Samsung USB drivers installed on it. Without these you cannot connect the phone to PC and flash the ROM.
- Create backups of all the data that is currently stored on your phone.
- Sync your Contacts info with the Gmail account you’ve assigned as default for your device.
- This is a guide for advanced Android users. Don’t try to use this tutorial in case you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Don’t blame us in case something goes wrong and you lose any important data in the process.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery is charged and there is no danger that the HTC One might switch off while you’re installing the CM 10.1 ROM.
- Disable any antivirus apps from running on your computer.
- In case you cannot complete the install, then you can ask for extra help in comments.
How to install CM 10.1 Alpha build for the HTC One:
- Switch off the HTC One.
- Boot it into custom Recovery mode and create a full NANDROID backup of your current OS. After this is complete you can reboot the phone in normal mode.
- Download CM 10.1 ROM on your PC from HERE. Don’t extract.
- Download Gapps file for CM 10.1 / Android 4.2.2 ROMs from HERE. Don’t extract.
- Move both these files on your phone’s internal SDcard and don’t unzip them. Make sure to keep a copy of the CM 10.1 alpha ROM on your PC.
- Disconnect the phone from PC and power it off.
- Download Fastboot zip from HERE and save it on your PC. Unzip its contents and place them in a folder on your desktop screen titled ‘Fastboot’.
- Now, you can unzip the CM 10.1 file downloaded at step 3 and copy the ‘boot.img’ file into the ‘Fastboot’ folder.
- Your device is now powered off and you have to boot it into Fastboot mode. Do it like this: press and hold simultaneously Volume Down and Power buttons.
- When you see the Fastboot mode loaded on your device, you can connect it to PC using the USB cable.
- Next, open Fastboot folder and double-click the ‘flash-boot-window.bat’ file. This will install the boot.img.
- When the Boot image has been successfully installed, you need to disconnect the HTC One from your PC.
- Now, select ‘HBOOT’ option from the phone’s Fastboot menu. Then, select ‘RECOVERY’ option and the device will boot into custom Recovery mode.
- Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ and confirm this process.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’. Find the CM 10.1 Alpha build zip and confirm that you wish to install it.
- After the ROM is installed, you will need to repeat step 15 and install Gapps zip.
- When both files have been successfully installed, you can return to the main Recovery screen.
- Select ‘reboot system now’ and wait until your HTC One completes the first boot process with the new ROM.
These were all the steps that you had to take in order to install an early build of CM 10.1 for the HTC One.
Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.