Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.
The Jelly Bean XXDMC3 software is the latest official update released by Samsung for the Note 2 N7100. The ROM is actually a small OS improvement as it brings only minor bug fixes, thought the XXDMC3 system is the most stable platform by far. If you haven’t flashed the OS until now, then you can learn how to do that by following our “Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMC3 OS” tutorial. Of course, after that return here and also learn how to root your handset.
Backup the phablet data or else you might end up in losing all of your personal saves. Usually, when using Odin, your data should be in safe hands, but in rare cases you will have to wipe the system in order to make things work. Therefore, why to risk it? Just, take a few minutes, go to Google Play store and download backup and restore apps for saving the text messages, call logs, EFS folder, market apps, contacts list and everything else you need.
After saving your personal info you will have to ensure that you can use a Windows running computer, your phablet and its USB cord. On the computer you will download and istall Odin along with other required files and programs. Then, in order to avoid the unpleasant situations it is recommended to: uninstall the security programs (like antivirus, or Firewall protection) from your computer and Galaxy Note 2; charge the battery of your device if you notice that there is less than 60% power left. Finally, enable the USB debugging option on your handset by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMC3 OS
- First of all, for being able to properly use Odin, you have to download Samsung KIES on your computer; then by using the tool install the Galaxy Note 2 drivers.
- Then, you can download and install Odin on your computer.
- Next, download the rooting package from here; extract the same on your computer.
- Open Odin and turn off your phablet.
- Then, reboot your device into download mode: press and hold the Power, Volume Down and Menu buttons at the same time, for a few seconds.
- With the phone in download mode, connect the same with the computer via USB cable.
- Take a look on Odin: the “added” message should be displayed and the ID:COM section should be yellow or blue.
- If different, here is what you need to do: close Odin, disconnect the device from the PC, reinstall the drivers and repeat the steps from above.
- After that, from Odin select “PDA”.
- Pick the root package from your computer; don’t make any other changes on Odin.
- Press the “Start” button.
- When the installation procedure is over, on Odin the “pass” message will be displayed.
- You can remove the USB cord and reboot your smartphone as you are done.
- Disconnect the Note 2 from the computer.
- Close Odin.
- Force restart your device.
- Reinstall the drivers on the PC and open Odin again.
- Connect your handset with the PC and follow the rest of the steps from above.
Or, if the second issue must be removed, then complete:
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- For recovery mode press and hold Power, Volume Up and Menu buttons at the same time.
- From recovery select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Also, select “+++go back+++” and “reboot system now”.
- Everything should be working as expected now.