I have been using a volume boost hack on my S3 for a few months now and it really works. The method has been devised by Meltus from XDA, so all credits and props to him for this amazing solution. If you are not happy with the low volume intensity of your Samsung Galaxy phone, you will notice a surprising increase in the volume loudness. I have tested it on the international Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 and Note 2 GT-N7100 both and it works like a charm. It might also work on phones like Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note.
Disclaimer & Warning:
The method described here is considered risky and is not meant for noobs. It might soft brick your phone. Proceed only if you know how to restore a soft-bricked device. Further, loud volume might damage the speakers of your device, especially if you increase volume loudness value above 60. Better copy the files just as they are for a good-going. The method requires root access on you phones. Make sure you have rooted your phone. Do not try this method on Samsung Galaxy phone with AOSP, or any other custom ROM that already has volume boost hack.
Method 1: Using Root File Explorer
- Make sure you phone is rooted and you have a root file explorer installed on it. I use Root Browser app for such purposes.
- Download the volume mod file in zip and extract it on your computer: VolumeMods.zip
- Inside the extracted folder, you will find 2 files: 1). default_gain.conf and 2). Volume.db
- Connect you phone to computer using a USB cable and copy the VolumeMods folder on your phone’s internal or external SD card.
- Now open the root file manager app and navigate to the system/etc folder. Here you will find the original volume configuration file for your phone. I would recommend you to backup the original files to the external storage of your phone. You can later return to the original volume settings by restoring the files to the etc folder
- Now you have to replace the original files with the modded ones. Navigate to the VolumeMods folder that you copied on your phone in Step 4.
- Tap and hold the default_gain.conf file and select “Copy” option. Now navigate to the system/etc folder and paste the file here. When it prompts to overwrite the file, choose ”Yes”. Go back to the VolumeMods folder again and this time copy and replace the original file with the modded Volume.db.
- Finally, reboot the phone and now you should feel the difference in your phone’s volume loudness.