Note: this should work in at least Windows 7 and Windows 8, but it might work in Vista. Maybe.
How to Add Shortcuts to the Computer Dialog in Windows
- Press the Win + R keyboard combination to bring up and run box, then type the following.
- Then hit enter.
- That should have opened the location where Microsoft looks for any additional shortcuts to display in the Computer dialog. So all we need to do is create a new shortcut to whatever we want to be displayed. This can be a file, a folder, or even a program.
- When the Create Shortcut wizard opens, simply type in the location of the item you wish to create a shortcut to and click next.
- Then give your shortcut a suitable name and click finish.
- Voila! That is really all there is to it.
Note: If this Tutorial and News worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.