First, as you can already tell, this is not an official update released by Motorola for your Razr HD; we are dealing with a custom ROM, so consider the update operation risky and complex. Now, the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 based Slim Bean firmware is stable and comes without bugs and issues; furthermore the OS brings important features and apps that cannot be found in the default version of the Android system, so by flashing the ROM you will be able to power up the performances of your Razr HD XT926.
For being able to apply the update on your phone a computer or notebook will be required as you need to download some files on the same. Now, on the computer you must first uninstall the antivirus and the other security programs that are running and protecting your device (I recommended you to do the same for your smartphone). Also, you should consider in charging your phone or else it might get turned off while you will try to update its system (you will risk in bricking it if that happens). Another thing to do is to enable the USB debugging option by going to “Settings -> Developer options -> USB Debugging”.
How to Update Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT926 to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with Slim Bean Custom ROM Firmware
- On your computer download: the Slim Bean firmware file (use the link from here) and the Google Apps package (use this link).
- Then, use the USB cable and connect your phone with the computer.
- Copy the downloaded files from your notebook to the phone’s SD card.
- Remove the USB cable as the computer is no longer required.
- Turn off your device.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- From recovery mode select to wipe the system; select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Choose “+++go back+++” and return to the main menu.
- Select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”.
- Pick the update file and flash it on your smartphone.
- Wait while the update process is running.
- Then, in the end don’t forget to repeat the procedure for applying the Google Apps package.
- After that, from recovery select “+++go back+++” followed by “reboot system now” and you are done.
Note: If this Tutorial and News worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.