Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 can now be updated with its first and latest firmware named as XXBMC9. The new Jelly Bean firmware update brings the new Android 4.1.2 update with bug fixes and other good features. It is the latest Jelly Bean update released by Samsung that can be downloaded via Samsung Kies or if you want you can update your device manually also by the tutorial guide. You can easily update Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXBMC9 firmware using this article. Just remember that this is an official firmware released by Samsung and is not a custom ROM firmware.
Warning: Neither we nor the developer will hold any responsibility if you damage or brick your phone in the process of following this article. Therefore, please proceed at your own risk.Pre-Requisites:
Measures to take before updating your device:
- Step 1: You should fully backup your Android device before updating it. Backup all your SMS, Backup/Export Contacts, Backup APN settings. You can take help from our article on Tutorial for creating backup of Android device without root access.
- Step 2: You should Backup all apps on your device, unrooted users can follow this method procedure to backup apps. If you have already rooted your device then use Titanium to Backup and restore apps and cache data.
- Step 3: You should enable USB debugging on your device, to activate USB Debug go to “Settings>Developer options” and check the USB debug option box. Problem enabling USB Debugging you can follow article on How to enable USB debugging on Jelly Bean, Ice Cream Sandwich and Gingerbread.
- Step 4: There should be 50% or more amount of battery juice on your device. To know how much charge your device is having you can use our tutorial on how to get battery percentage on Status bar.
- Step 5: You should disable security apps and programs like Antivirus and Firewall on your Android device as they may interrupt the procedure.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 with XXBMC9 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware:
- Step 1: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in Download Mode. To do so, when your phone is OFF, press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons together until the screen turns ON. When you see the “Warning!!” screen then press the Power button again to enter into Download Mode.
- Step 2: Now, connect your phone to the PC using original USB cable i.e. the cable that came with it.
- Step 3: On successful connection of your phone to the PC the ID: COM section in Odin will turn “Yellow” which means your device has been recognized by the PC.
- Step 4: Now, click “PDA” button in Odin and then choose the “.tar” file from your computer which you’ve got after extracting the downloaded firmware package.
- Step 5: Do not make any other changes in Odin. Only ensure that the “Re-Partition” check box is not selected.
- Step 7: Now, click on “Start” button from Odin to begin the installation process.
- Step 8: The installation process will take around 4-5 minutes for successful completion.
- Step 9: As soon as the installation process has completed your phone will reboot automatically.