Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
- This Android 4.1.2 XXBMD1 firmware tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This is an official firmware by Samsung, not a custom ROM.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 N5100XXBMD1 for Galaxy Note 8.0 to your computer and extract the zip file.
- Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100.
- Step 3 - Switch OFF your tablet. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Up button and then press the Power button together till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
- Step 4 - Make sure you have your Galaxy Note 8.0 USB drivers installed on your computer.
- Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your tablet to your computer while it is in the Download Mode.
- Step 6 - If your tablet is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
- Step 7 - Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your tablet. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Step 8 - In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you selected a .PIT file in the above step.
- Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
- Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your tablet will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your tablet from the computer.
Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.