Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.
We are presenting you a very easy and beginner friendly guide to root your Motorola Droid RAZR HD which will help you to unlock your RAZR’s true potential. In the following guide we have put together all the stps you need to perform to get the root access to your device.
DISCLAIMER: Rooting process is always a bit risky and you will lose your device’s warranty by doing so. We take no responsibility if anything happens to your device. If you don’t know what root access is, you probably don’t need it. You have been warned.
Before you Begin:
- This will void your warranty, however, you can still unroot your device and get it back.
- This procedure is for Windows PC only.
- This method is only for Android version 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Make a full backup of your data. Though its not necessary, still its better to be safe.
How to root your Motorola Droid RAZR HD XT 925/926
- The very first step is to download Motorola Device Manager Suite to install your RAZR’s drivers
- Install the file and make sure your phone gets detected on your PC.
- Next step will be to download the rooting toolkit
- Extract the zip archive somewhere, I’ll say Desktop.
- Next step will be to enable USB debugging on your phone:
- On your phone, go to Menu>> Settings>> Scroll down and go to Developer Options>> now enable USB debugging /Android debugging.
- Connect your phone to PC with USB data cable.
- Open the extracted folder on Desktop.
- Now double-click on the ‘run.bat’ file inside the folder
- Follow the CMD progress.
- That’s it. You should be rooted by now!