Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.
Rooting is one of the first things I do when I buy a new Android handset or tablet. It improves battery life, stability and even adds features that the device out of the box simply doesn't offer.
So, if you're new to your HTC and looking to root it, this guide is for you. We show you how to root your One from start to finish as quickly as possible.
To root your HTC, please follow on below. There are a few requirements, though, before you can get started:
Note:This guide is for advanced users only.
- 1. An HTC One running Android 4.1.2
- 2. Android debugging enabled on your One
- 3. HTC One USB drivers installed with HTC Sync
- 4. ADB installed with fastboot
- 5. Windows PC
- 6. An unlocked bootloader. This can be done here.
Part I - Setting up your HTC One
- 2. Download SuperSU Root [File name: UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip]for HTC One to the computer and copy it to your phone.
- 3. Turn off your HTC One and enter into recovery. Switch on the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together.
- Part II - Rooting your device
- 4. In the Recovery Mode, using the Volume keys scroll down to flash zip from SDcard and select it by pressing the power button
- 5. Select choose zip from SDcard by pressing the Power button once again.
- 6. Using the Volume keys navigate to the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.25.zip file which is saved on the SD card. Press the Power button to select it and confirm installation on the next screen. The installation wil begin.
- 7. Once the installation process is completed head back to the first screen and reboot. You will now have root access.