The perfect definition of this problem according to XDA Chainfire is:
“Samsung devices store a flash counter that keeps track of how many times you have flashed custom firmwares to your device. On some devices, a yellow triangle or other sort of visual warning is also displayed during boot if you are running a custom firmware.”
Warning: Your device might get bricked on using the Triangle Away App. So, please proceed at your own risk.
- In case you are confused regarding the compatibility then you need not worry, as when you install the app in your device, it will show “Reset flash counter” option and binary information under “Current status”.
- In some the devices the Triangle Away App will not normally so when you select the “reset flash counter” option it will reboot your device in a special boot mode where you can reset the flash counter value.
How to Use Triangle Away App:
- Step 1: First of all, download and install the Triangle Away App [Play Store Link] from here on your device.
- Step 2: Open up the Triangle Away App from your app drawer. If you see the Super user prompt, select “Allow” for granting the same.
- Step 3: When the app has opened up, under Flash Counter, check the current status and also ensure it is displaying the correct information i.e. flash counter and device name.
- Step 4: Now, select the “Reset Flash Counter” button from the app, it is the second last option in the app.
- Step 5: Just read the warning carefully and then select “Continue” to begin the process.