Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.
Actually, the HTC One based ROM was ported to Droid DNA last month but since it was very new then and had some bugs, we waited for it to be perfected. According to the developer, the ROM is 99% functional and has only a few minor bugs that most users will not be able to even notice. The only big feature on the HTC One (M7) that is not working in this port in the HTC Zoe.
Disclaimer: Please note that the procedure described here is not meant for noobs since it is considered risky. Proceed only when you understand such things and at your own liability. Either the developer, or Droidviews will not be responsible for any damage done to you device. Also, do not try this ROM on any other device than the Droid DNA.
Prerequisites: So, if you are ready, we would walk you through the procedure step-by-step to get the HTC One based ROM up and running on your Droid DNA. But before that, you need to make the following preparations. Make sure you have any of these variants of the Droid DNA: GSM, Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile.
- Your device must have an unlocked bootloader to install this ROM. If you have not yet unlocked your Droid DNA, read the Tutorial Given Here.
- Make sure your phone is rooted and a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP is installed on it. In case it is not rooted, you can do it following This Easy Guide.
- Charge your device and backup your contacts, apps, call-log, messages, etc. You can use These Apps for the purpose.
- Go to phone Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging and turn it on.
- Download the HTC One based Sense 5 ROM according to your phone model (do not extract). Users of Droid DNA other than Verizon variant will also have to install a patch file after installing the ROM.
- HTC Droid DNA GSM - ROM File – Patch File
- Verizon Droid DNA – ROM File
- A&TT / Tmobile Droid DNA - ROM File – Patch File
- The ROM also has some themes and mods that can be flashed via CWM recovery using Step 8 from the tutorial below. Do not forget to backup the ROM each time you flash a mod or theme. You can download the theme from Here.
How to Install:
- Copy the ROM and Patch files zip package to your phone’s SD card.
- Now turn off your Droid DNA and boot it into CWM/TWRP recovery mode. Power off your phone and then boot it into HBOOT menu. It can be done by pressing Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time. Select “Recovery” option and confirm using the Power button.
- In the CWM recovery, use the volume keys to scroll between options and the Power key to select an option or file.
- First of all, create a safe ground for yourself by backing up the current ROM. Go to “backup and restore” option and backup the ROM.
- Now go back to CWM main menu and perform “wipe data/factory reset”.
- Then “wipe cache partition” too.
- Open “advanced” options and “wipe dalvik cache”.
- You next step will be to install the ROM file so go to “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard”, navigate to the ROM file and select it.
- When it is flashed, install the patch file too using the Step 8.
- Finally, return to main menu and select ”reboot system now”.