- HTML (HTML5)
- CSS (CSS3)
So if you find that sound is disabled in webpages which are HTML based, CSS based or Java-script based, none of the Windows 8 Store application that are ported from web-based application will have sound. To fix this we need to check and make sure “Play sound in Webpage” is enabled in the Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer (Desktop version)
- Go to Settings and click on Internet Options
- Under Internet Options click on Advance Tab
- Under settings section scroll down and find Multimedia section
- There, make sure you enable all the check boxes except “Show image downloaded placeholders”
- Click on apply and click OK
- Now you may need to reboot the system.