Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.
This guide will help you jailbreak the following: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4G. It works like the previous versions.
A few things to look out for:
- - First, back up your iOS device.
- - Don’t jailbreak if you use Ultrasn0w to unlock your iPhone.
- - This is a tethered jailbreak. You must physically plug your iPhone into your computer any time you want to reboot it.
- - You can’t jailbreak the iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini or iPod touch 5G.
How to: Jailbreak iOS 6.1 Beta 5
- 1) Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 (Dev-Team blog). Put that in a folder called Redsn0w on your desktop.
- 2) You will also need the iOS 6.0 firmware. We have it here. Just find the one that matches your device.
- 3) Plug your device into your computer via USB, and extract the application from the Redsn0w zip file. Launch the RedSn0w app within that folder.
- 4) If you’re on Windows 8, right-click on the Redsn0w.exe and choose “Properties.” Go to the Compatibility tab>Run This Program in Compatibility Mode for Windows XP. If your on version 7 or XP, just run as Administrator by right-clicking on the .exe file and choosing Run as Administrator.
- 5) Click on Extras
- 6) Click on ‘Select IPSW’
- 7) You will be told to select a jailbreak option. Choose Cydia.
- 8) Click Next.
- 9) Redsn0w will show you how to put your iOS device in DFU mode.
- 10) Your iOS device will reboot. It will reboot a second time, and Redsn0w starts to upload your new RAM disc and kernel.
- 11) Redsn0w will let you know when it’s done.
- 12) Click “ok” and “quit”