Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.
The web is full of videos, but you don't always have an internet connection on your iPad. Here's how to download videos from YouTube directly to your tablet without involving iTunes. It's completely free, too.
Save videos from YouTube to your iPad
All you need to download videos is a free app from the App Store.
- 1. Launch the App Store on your iPad and search for Video Downloader Super Lite. There are both free and paid-for versions. Install the free version.
- 2. Once that's done, launch the app - its icon is easy to spot as it's an orange arrow pointing downwards.
- Admittedly, it's not the prettiest app around, and is riddled with ads. However, you'll learn to avoid them.
- 3. The app should open on the Browse tab, and should default to the YouTube website. To search for a video, tap the magnifying glass icon on the right-hand side and type in your search terms.
- 4. When you see a video you like, tap it and it will automatically buffer and play. A pop-up box should offer a red button marked 'Save to memory'. Tap this to download the video.
However, you can access videos from that app within Video Downloader Super Lite by tapping on the mis-named iPod Library tab.