Download Mode for Samsung devices allows you to install new OTA Updates by pushing them from your computer directly to your phone using only a data cable.
Usually, the Stock and Rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 phones can be booted in Download Mode the same way. However, in both cases, you are forced to power off the device completely and then use a button combination to load the required files. This can be easily changed if your phone is rooted.
Now, if your phone is running on stock and official Android firmware, then you can easily boot into Download Mode like this:
- Power off the phone completely by removing its battery for 5 seconds.
- Re-insert the battery back into its place.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time.
- Release the buttons only when the ‘Warning!!’ message appears.
- Next, press Volume Up button to confirm that you wish to enter Download Mode.
- Your device will now show a green Android with the ‘Downloading… Do not turn off target’ text listed under it.
- That’s it, now you can connect your device with your PC after you launch ODIN.
You have to download and install several modding files on your device using the custom Recovery mode. So, use the instructions below only if you’re rooting and running a custom Recovery on it. Here’s what you need to do.
- Download the file corresponding to your version of Galaxy S4
- Copy the files onto your phone’s internal SDcard.
- Boot your device into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power all at the same time. Obviously, before doing this the phone has to be switched off.
- Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache from Advanced settings menu.
- Create a NANDROID backup using ‘backup and restore’ section.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’, then ‘choose zip from sdcard’.
- Find the file you moved before entering Recovery and install it.
- Reboot system.
hese were all the step that you had to take in order to learn how to load the Download Mode files. Remember to download ODIN program and then you will be able to flash new custom files using Download Mode.
Extract the contents of all zip files and save them into a single folder on your computer. Launch ODIN exe on your PC, then boot the phone into Download Mode and connect the device to PC using the USB data cable.
For any other questions, use the comments section below. These instructions should be easy enough for anyone to understand them.
Note: If this Tutorial and News worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.