I. Before You Begin.
- 1. You must have an Xbox and a Windows Phone both with internet access.
- 2. For best performance both the Xbox and Windows Phone should be connected to the same Wifi network.
II. Setup Xbox Companion on the Xbox
- 1. Turn on your Xbox and sign in to Xbox Live.
- 2. Go to Settings > System > Console Settings > Find Xbox Companion and select it.
- 3. Change it from Unavailable to Available.
III. Setup Xbox Companion on the Windows Phone
- 1. Open the Marketplace on your Windows Phone.
- 2. Click on Apps.
- 3. Search for “Xbox Companion”.
- 4. Select and click Install.
IV. Connect Xbox Companion to the Xbox
- 1. Select Xbox Live / Games on your Windows Phone.
- 2. Under Collection, select Xbox Companion.
- 3. Select Next.
- 4. Select Next again.
- 5. After it connects you will receive a notification on your Xbox. Select Continue on your Windows Phone at this point.
- 6. Now, you can select any of the quickplay options from your Xbox on your Windows Phone to launch them on the Xbox. You can also use Bing, check out featured content, and even click the icon in the bottom right to turn your phone into a controller and control the Xbox that way.
Note: If this Tutorial and News worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.