Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.
Another great reason to own a Samsung flagship is you're pretty much guaranteed to get the next version of Android. That being said, today the Android 4.1 update for the T-Mobile Galaxy S2 began pushing out and is now available for install via Kies.
Now, I'm sure there are a few of you who don't know how to install an update, especially if it is available via Samsung Kies. With this guide, you'll be a seasoned veteran
To install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2 aka "Hercules," follow the directions below.
- Download install Samsung Kies to your Windows PC or Mac. Full directions can be found here.
- Navigate to the Kies icon and open the application.
- Plug your micro usb cable into the T-Mobile S2 and the USB end to your computer.
- Wait for Samsung Kies to recognize the device.
- Kies will display a pop-up that a software update is ready for your handset. Click Update to begin the process.
- Now select Allow Saving, then Start Upgrade.
- Kies will download the update automatically. After several minutes you will see a pop-up indicating the software upgrade is complete. Your device will probably reboot.
- That's it! You have successfully installed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2.