We reported earlier this week that ChevronWP7′s unlock tool became available. In this post, we’ll give you a step by step tutorial on how to use it. Don’t worry, it’s super easy and the tool does most of the work for you.
- Go to ChevronWP7 Labs and sign in with your Windows Live ID.
- You’ll need to buy a token (costs $9) to be able to use the unlock tool. Copy the token code given to you so you can paste it later.
- Once you have done that, download the unlock tool (either 32 bit or 64 bit versions depending on your system).
- Connect your Windows Phone to your computer. If you haven’t already, rename your device with the Zune software. You’ll need to have a unique name that has not been registered by someone else yet. Go to Zune>Your Phone>View Sync Options>Rename to do this.
- Paste in your token code (from step 2) into the text box in the middle of the application.
- Click on “Unlock.”
- If you’re computer needs additional software (most likely it will) the program will give you a error box and then will direct you to a webpage to download and install the needed program.
- Once you’ve installed the programs you need, go back to the unlock tool and press unlock again. You should be put into a queue and when it’s your turn your phone will be unlocked!