Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.
This app needs your permission to use your camera – this error can be caused due to the change in the App permission or App settings. This issue can be fixed by changing the app’s settings. You might have noticed that when you make use of Travel app, this app use your location to show or avail you with the details of interesting landmarks near you or in the location around you. If you deny or if the app fails to approve prompt asked by a Photo app to use your picture library to create a slide show, or an Instant Messaging app may ask you to ON webcam connected to your PC for video chats, then in that situation it stays blocked until you manually unblock it i.e. you need to manually set the permission.
Today we will be discussing about how to manually set or unblock or grant permission for Camera application on Windows 8.
- First open your Camera application
- Next, press Windows key + C to open the Charms bar
- Now, select Settings charm
- Next, click on Permissions in the right pane; here you can change the permission for the Camera app to use our Webcam & Microphone
- Change the Webcam and microphone toggle from Off to On
- Now close the Camera application and re-open it. You will no more find the prompting and your camera application will be working fine.
Upon following the tutorial described above you can fix the error- This app needs your permission to use your camera on Windows 8.