While there are a number of reasons you might want to tether your computer or tablet to your smartphone, the main reason is really to go online on the go.
Anyway, to tether from your BlackBerry Z10 with your computer or tablet, follow our guide below. The first section will show you how to tether via a mobile Wi-Fi hotspot.
- From the home screen, select Settings.
- Next, select Network Connections.
- After selecting it, tap Mobile Hotspot.
- Next, tap Tethering and Portable hotspot. Then hit Next.
- Now, select Password. Enter a password for your hotspot and a name.
- Now tap Save and the hotspot will become active.
- Connect to the hotspot using your PC, Mac, or iPad.
To tether your BlackBerry Z10 to your computer or tablet via usb, follow this other guide.
- Plug you USB cable into your Z10 and connect it to your PC.
- From the Z10 home screen, select Settings.
- After selecting it, tap Network Connections.
- Next, tap USB Tethering. This takes you to a tethering menu.
- Now, select USB Tethering and your Z10 will share its internet conection with your computer.
- You should now be able to surf the web.
"The app selection in the BlackBerry World is really lacking. Sure, it will have 100,000 apps by the time the BlackBerry Z10 launches [but] many of these aren't built specifically for BlackBerry 10 and it shows. Some apps have been ported from Android or use wildly different design approaches but the problem is that a lot just aren't that good.
I also can't find the apps that I love to use on a daily basis, including Chase, Instagram, Pandora, Spotify, Flipboard, Google services, Netflix and no Stitcher. You can find alternatives in the store but I've found that some of these aren't as good as what I'm used to. One podcast-streaming app I use gave me the maddening "feature" of automatically stopping every five minutes, so I had to constantly pull it out of my pocket, unlock the device and hit the play button on the app.