Note: If this tutorial worked for you (and it should work), please leave a comment below. Thanks.
Install Android 4.1 Jelly on your Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket tonight
Android 4.1, Google's last-gen mobile OS, comes with project butter, Google Now and some great voice features. The update is something the Skyrocket absolutely deserves and quite frankly I am thrilled it is receiving it.
Available via Kies, the update is availalbe now for download and install. Now, I'm sure there are a few of you who don't know how to install an update through Samsung Kies, but with this guide you'll be an expert. Read on for the full breakdown on how to install Android 4.1 on your Skyrocket easily and quickly.
To install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, follow the directions below.
- Download install Samsung Kies to your Windows PC or Mac. Full directions can be found here.
- Navigate to the Kies icon and open the application.
- Plug your micro USB cable into the Skyrocket and the USB end to your computer.
- Wait for Samsung Kies to recognize the device.
- Kies will display a pop-up that a software update is ready for your handset. Click Update to begin the process.
- Now select Start Upgrade.
- After several minutes you will see a pop-up indicating the software upgrade is complete.
- That's it! You have successfully installed Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket!